You can find everything about industry area
Your Engineering Reference
Your Guide in your Career

You can find new news about Process Operation Technology
You can find all famous magazines
You can find all New updated programs

With Operation Technology website, You're on the right way

Process Operation Technology

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Process Operation Technology

Oil, gas and petrochemical process industries

Yes! TOEFL is a Challenge

Talib Al_Munawri
    Talib Al_Munawri
    Director-General
    Director-General

Yes! TOEFL is a Challenge Empty Yes! TOEFL is a Challenge

Post by Talib Al_Munawri Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi dear readers

I would like to share with you a short article I recited in a newspaper about TOEFL

YES!! TOEFL Is a Challenge

English has become the most dominant language in the world. It is the common medium of communication between states and peoples. Living in this decade, learning and mastering English has become a necessity if someone indeed aims for success and work recognition, regardless of specialization. Education is one area in which English language is highly involved. University curricula are mostly taught in English and the majority of students are expected and required to demonstrate a good level of English communication and understanding.

The demonstration of English mastery is often evaluated through a variety of recognized tests, such as IELST and TOEFL, depending on the requirements of the educational institution. Like many institutions in Oman, the University of Nizwa uses TOEFL as a means of English evaluation. TOEFL test is used to transfer students from Foundation program to first year university study on the basis of getting at least 400 scores in the TOEFL test and for students to graduate they have to get a minimum of 500 scores.

For a great number of students TOEFL is a Nightmare; for others it is nothing more a Challenge. So how do you personally perceive TOEFL test? Perceiving it as a nightmare would usually result in negative outcomes. You as a brilliant student, do you truly want to complain of insufficient sleep, anxiety, doubt, fear, low confidence, low self-esteem, etc. If I were you, I would prefer to be well prepared and study hard for the test rather than living in a nightmare.

The smart student conceives TOEFL as a life challenge. Namely, they enjoy encountering new challenging tasks and get pleasure from getting over obstacles. To them, TOEFL is more than a connecting bridge to a higher level. It is a chance to evaluate one’s progress in English.

Key points to consider:

- The way you perceive TOEFL affects your performance; it is a Challenge
    - “Use it or lose it”, try always to practice English
    - Study hard and be always prepared
    - Reading is the gate to English world (personal viewpoint)
    - Ask for assistance when needed
    - Never hesitate in seeking guidance

Once again, I repeat you as a smart student should always look at the bright side and think positively of TOEFL test. Take it as a challenge and live with it for your own sake.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 pm